Full Job Description
Key Required Skills:
Java, Angular, Spring boot
Valarcorp is seeking a Sr. Java Developer – Angular/Spring Boot for the Baltimore location. The Senior Java Developer shall have extensive experience in developing and maintaining high-performing Java applications. Has prime accountability for major projects and will develop a detailed and robust design, code, test, and implement proposed systems. Ability to develop technical solutions, and document the solution architecture and design using standard design tools. The candidate will be responsible for creating maintainable, adaptable, scalable, defect-free code using software development best practices and coding standards (i.e. software reuse, refactoring, continuous integration, test automation, secure development, Test Driven Development, static code analysis, peer/code review).
Must be USC/GC with the ability to obtain a public trust clearance. Will need to wait for clearance to be processed before starting the job
Orientation will be on-site, as well as possible first 2 wks. Remote work until Covid restrictions lifted.
- Strong experience in Java/J2EE, Angular 2 & above, Spring MVC or Struts & Spring Boot
- Good understanding of Hibernate, JPA, and JDBC
- Good understanding of OOPS, Twelve-Factor Application Design principles, architecture styles and APIs (Web API/Rest API)
- Develop applications using Java/Spring Boot and design and develop database components using PostgreSQL DB or Oracle as needed for the application.
- Work in DevOps Environment.
- Git, BitBucket, Jenkins automation
- Understand and leverage common Java/J2EE architectural styles and patterns (SOA, Microservice, Layered, Clean, Event Sourcing, etc.)
- Understand and apply quality techniques and practices (automated unit testing, Test Driven Design/Development, Java performance analysis, continuous integration)
- Experience architecting and deploying cloud-native applications onto Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar
- Experience with modern development software, tools, and methodologies; Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Spring Batch, Spring Messaging, Jenkins, Git/BitBucket, Jira/VersionOne, Nexus, Maven, Jenkins, OpenShift, UrbanCode Deploy, XML/XSLT, VisualVM/Eclipse Profiler (Java performance monitoring tool), Amazon Web Services (S3), BDD (Cucumber or similar)
- Experience identifying requirements, researching options, designing and implementing solutions at a leadership level on project work
- Experience working on Agile projects and understanding Agile terminology.
- Participate in the daily scrum and provide updates.
- Excellent communication and written skills
Master plus 6 or bachelors plus 8 years.
Job Type: Contract
- Fully Remote
- On the road
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
Company’s website: www.valarcorp.com
Benefit Conditions: Only full-time employees eligible